Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Schumacher Farm Park Heritage Fest this weekend!

Hi All!

We are headed to see my son and Daughter-in-law in Minneapolis this weekend, so I cannot be at the Schumacher Farm Park Heritage Fest this Sunday afternoon, Sept 15th from 1-4 PM. That being said, I encourage all of you Nordic Walkers, walkers and hikers to go. Alone, with friends, or family, it is delightful. There will be all kinds of interesting projects going on - blacksmiths, cooking, gardening, etc.

Click on this link for more event info - http://schumacherfarmpark.org/

This early morning my husband John and I Nordic walked the trails and they were beautiful! Prairie flowers and grasses as high as your head, and wild plum trees with hundreds of small juicy plums, falling-off-ripe by the trail heading North from the barn. The trails are well marked, open and breezy, so few to no bugs, and any hills are gentle and rolling.

Wanted to encourage you all to go sometime soon and if possible this coming Sunday. Watch for the Monarchs, they gather at the farm before migrating. The farm is on Hwy 19, just east of Waunakee’s Culver’s. I would be there if I were in town and would have met you there. This is the next best thing I can do: invite you to one of my favorite hiking places, especially when they are open and showing you Wisconsin farming and its working history. Hope you can make it. Happy Autumn!

Thanks and have a good hike or two ‘til we meet again,
Judith

Judith J. Hutchinson
VP Fontana Sports Specialties

No comments: