New Year’s resolutions are a tradition not to miss, so why not resolve to learn a new winter sport? January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month and nearly all of Wisconsin ski areas offer discounts and specials to get first timers out on the slopes, no matter your age or ability. What are you waiting for? Here are some slopes in excellent condition this weekend to try out a new winter sport:
- Whitetail Ridge – Ski, snowboard, tube, cross country ski, and snowshoe fun is found here.
- Christmas Mountain Village – Rent a Go Pro to catch each moment of your day on the slope.
- Wilmot Mountain – Try out 25 runs from green to black diamond, including a Snocross course.
- Little Switzerland – The trails are 100 percent open at one of the oldest resorts in the Midwest.
- Keyes Peak – Check out the view from the top of the hill, blanketed in fresh snow.
INSIDER TIP: Head to Northern Wisconsin for Best Trail Conditions
Snowfall and colder temps have hit the far northern parts of Wisconsin. Snowmobile trails are in good early riding condition in several northern counties.